ASSIGN for Nurses is sophisticated software that does the impossible — it automatically balances nurse workloads so they are fair by intelligently factoring in patient acuity, geography, continuity of care and other critically important variables.
Patient assignments can bedevil even the most experienced charge nurse or nurse manager.
Nurse schedules are constantly changing, plus patients — each with their own set of complications — regularly move in and out of the hospital. Keeping track of all of these moving parts can be challenging.
Software programs that handle nurse schedules help. But they don’t address patient assignments — specifically matching up nurses with patients — so nurse workloads are balanced and fair. No software does that.
SOFTWARE THAT EXPERTLY MATCHES NURSES WITH PATIENTS
- What if sophisticated software could automatically create balanced workloads for nurses?
- What if that same software used a rules-based “engine” that allowed it to handle complex combinations of patient variables — such as patient acuity, geography, continuity of care and other factors — to expertly match the right nurse with the right patient?
- What if patient assignments took just minutes to complete and the list was then distributed to other providers — quickly and easily.
- What if the software was easy to integrate with all of the major scheduling programs and EHRs, plus it was 100% compliant and secure?
- What if the company that developed it had more than 18 years of healthcare technology experience and has worked closely with numerous IT departments in hospitals throughout the country?
ASSIGN for Nurses
ASSIGN for Nurses from MedAptus is a sophisticated, rules-based software program for patient assignments that is faster, easier, safer and far more fair than assigning patients manually.
It automatically pulls the nurse schedules and the patient census, then automatically and intelligently applies customizable protocols to match the right patient with the right nurse for every shift. The result from these complex computations is a far more balanced and equitable nurse workload — one that takes into account all of the various factors that can affect care.
NURSE WORKLOADS AND BURNOUT
That’s important too.
Unsafe workloads and nurse burnout continue to impact quality of care. Thus, any software that improves workload balances and improves patient safety like ASSIGN for Nurses needs to be an integral part of an organization’s overall mission.
Don’t let patient assignments create frustration. Create more balanced nurse workloads by letting the software handle the complexity of the assigning process quickly and easily. It’s time to replace an antiquated manual process with a more sophisticated and intelligent approach.
We’d love to hear from you. Tell us what you think. Does ASSIGN for Nurses make sense to you? If you’d like to leave your opinion or if you’d like to learn more about the software, write to us here. You can also call us at directly at (617) 896-4000.
 Lusine Poghosyan,Sean P. Clarke, Mary Finlayson and Linda H. Aiken Nurse Burnout and Quality of Care: Cross-National Investigation in Six Countries Res Nurs Health. 2010 Aug; 33(4): 288–298. doi: 10.1002/nur.2038