MedAptus is always looking for motivated individuals to design, develop, sell and support our platform. If you are passionate about technology and committed to improving the experience for patients and providers alike, we want to hear from you. Our open opportunities are listed below – to express interest, please send a cover letter describing your skills, employment goals, salary requirements and a resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
Regional Sales Executive
MedAptus has been in business for over 15 years and we are known for our KLAS award-winning charge capture software and services. We continue to be committed to the revenue cycle market but have recently expanded into the Care Team Assignment and Communication segment of the Care Coordination market. Assign for Physicians has been in the market for about one year and we are now expanding to Assign for Nursing, Assign for Case Managers and Assign for Therapists. Because of our product suite expansion, we are excited to hire a Regional Sales Executive to help drive our continued growth. The ideal person will be a nurse or someone with a strong clinical workflow background that has a software and services sales background, particularly in selling to hospital based nursing.
The Regional Sales Executive will be a key resource in achieving the planned expansion of company. He/she must be a strong strategic thinker with an in-depth understanding of large physician practice and hospital workflows with a specific emphasis on patient assignment, care coordination and the revenue cycle. The Regional Sales Executive will be responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. He/she will be responsible for developing and executing a marketing plan for the assigned territory. This individual will be expected to meet annual new sales goals with effective management of the overall sales process within the territory. As the Regional Sales Executive, this individual must be skilled in complex and consultative sales settings, and be comfortable articulating customer value. He/she will work very closely with the Director of Marketing, other sales executives and our customer support groups. This role currently reports to the Director of Sales and Account Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is accountable for meeting personal revenue objectives and promoting long-term customer relationships within their territory
- Cultivates C-level customer and supporting partner relationships to develop insights into market needs, customer pain points, and customer buying behavior to create and deliver value propositions that respond to the customer’s value drivers
- Forecasts new business and manages sales pipelines as required, updating management on the status of all prospects, in process sales opportunities, and potential revenue
- Leads the successful execution of the MedAptus sales cycle and consultative sales process for opportunities within their territory
- Enhances performance and sales productivity by effective territory planning, strategic account planning where appropriate, driving the proper balance between prospecting (cold and warm calling, conference participation, event networking) and pipeline management activities
- Collaborates with marketing to design and implement lead generation campaigns, marketing material, messaging, industry analysis, etc. within their territory
- Develops an annual “territory plan” outlining key targets, marketing and lead generation strategies
- Participates directly in key “National Accounts” whenever appropriate
- Recommends and adheres to effective sales processes and supporting tools and materials, leveraging existing processes and tools when possible
- Develops and executes effective sales presentations
- Provides leadership and effective negotiating skills during the contracting phase with prospects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA/BS degree; a clinical degree is highly desirable (RN, NP, PHD or PA)
- 8-10 years of relevant enterprise-scale and consultative sales experience in healthcare IT. A focus in selling to hospital based Nursing is preferred.
- Is a respected sales executive with direct familiarity of hospital and large physician practice markets. A network of relevant senior level industry contacts – CMO, CMIO, CNO, CFO and CIO– is a significant plus.
- Direct sales experience with revenue cycle and clinical workflow products to large physician practices and hospitals/hospital systems
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales performance metrics, e.g. quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy, etc. Proficient in managing complex and consultative sales cycles, typically defined as six months or longer with a variety of stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, especially in the ability to present concepts and articulate business value
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Presents a professional appearance and displays effective interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build positive, productive, and effective professional working relationships.
- Travel required
- Location is flexible but Raleigh or Boston would be ideal
- Compensation is competitive and includes base plus commission and benefits