UNPARALLELED CHARGE CAPTURE EXPERTISE
- Do you need to streamline your inpatient charge capture and workflow?
- Are you having serious challenges reconciling your charges with billing?
- Is your paper-based system causing you to miss charges, have lag time issues or is not holding physicians accountable for charges?
- Are you hoping to employ more remote coders and need a charge capture system that will handle that deployment?
- Are you looking for a better ROI from your charge capture process?
- Have you had to add FTEs in order to meet the demands of your EHR solution and still can’t get caught up with your charge capture?
CHARGE PRO FROM MEDAPTUS IS THE MOST COMPLETE CHARGE CAPTURE AND CHARGE MANAGEMENT PLATFORM FOR ACUTE CARE HOSPITALS AND PHYSICIAN GROUPS IN HEALTHCARE.
Whether charges are captured on mobile devices or web-enabled workstations, CHARGE PRO rapidly and accurately documents patient encounters for reimbursement.
This KLAS award-winning platform improves charge lag time, finds missing charges, reconciles reports and ensures compliance.
CHARGE PRO also has a strong ROI and is compatible with all EHR and billing systems.
Solve your Charge Capture challenges with the experts. We have more than 18-years of Charge Capture experience and have handled more than 1 million transactions for 20,000 users.
HERE ARE JUST A FEW of CHARGE PRO’s 100+ FEATURES
- Basic Charge Entry: Includes all CPT and HCPS Modifiers and allows the automatic linking of multiple ICD codes to a single CPT
- ICD-10 Functionality: Includes a patient panel that permits a clinical keyword search from a historic ICD-9/10 condition
- P4P Support/Quality: Includes all current individual MIPS QPP charge measure reporting codes
- Coding Violation Checks and Warnings: Includes real-time coding intelligence engine of over one-million rules
- History: Provides up to 5 years of patient history for searching and selection
- Communication: Physician messaging for informal physician-to-physician and resident-to-attending communication around a specific patient admission or appointment
- Resident Workflow: Administrative set-up to designate residents and their assigned attendings
- Charge Management for Coders: Configurable hold statuses for more efficient charge management
- Favorites/Shortcuts/Bookmarks: Includes a shortcuts feature for the “bookmarking” of diagnosis codes for easy retrieval
- E&M-based CPT Searching: Provides E&M CPT code searching based on visit type (office, hospital, consult, etc.)
- Code Searching: Available clinical keyword search for diagnosis codes that is powered by Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO)
- Referring Provider Dictionary: Allows for import of referring provider table from current practice management system
- Rounding: Presents clinicians with a Rounding List consisting of patients assigned to the individual clinician
EXPERTS IN CHARGE MANAGEMENT
Having an EHR that handles charge capture doesn’t mean the work is over or that everything will now work smoothly.
In fact, significant issues still surface in terms of finding missing charges, reconciling charges, and sending “clean” charges to billing. This is especially true when the EHR vendor is different than the billing vendor (Cerner/Athena).
MedAptus is an expert at bridging the gap between the charge capture process and billing. Combining our extensive experience, award-winning software and analytical capabilities, we excel at helping you improve your operational efficiencies on the back end — helping you reduce expenses and improve revenue.
Our experience has been — even with a robust EHR system — there is still significant revenue to be found and we can help.
CHARGE CAPTURE CASE STUDY
A large hospital in the Midwest struggled with implementing the charge capture function of an EHR. As a result, it switched back to a paper-based manual process. But there were still challenges. The process was inefficient and didn’t support remote coders. In addition, coders still had to track to down providers to ensure charges, especially outside providers. The Solution – the hospital recently turned to MedAptus and purchased CHARGE PRO. Now, not only will all charges be captured more quickly and accurately, but the platform allows for remote coding. The hospital also anticipates a significant ROI in six months.